Finally, and thanks to our mattress tests, you have chosen the mattress that seems to be perfect for you. However, you will only know if it is genuinely the right one after trying it.
For this reason, we have created this guide that will help you test your new mattress. With it, you will check if your choice was the correct one and if your new product is what you expected.
If your buyer does not meet your needs, most of the time, you will have the possibility to re-grease it free of charge, so there is nothing to worry about. This guide will help you to identify if something is wrong with your new purchase accurately and to choose a better mattress option should you need it.
With so many options and types of mattresses and beds on the market, if you still don’t know which one is right for us, we invite you to read our article, how to choose a mattress?.
Why try a Mattress?
Did you know that you have to change your mattress at least every ten years? Buying a new mattress every so often is essential. With the correct bed, you will avoid physical and even mental problems. Your mattress should always be comfortable and adapt to your needs. Over time, like all products, mattresses wear out and begin to lose properties.
When you buy a new mattress, your body needs a period to adjust to sleeping on it. It may not convince you at. First, this usually happens when your new mattress is made of different materials than your old mattress. However, it is estimat that your body will take between 2 and 3 weeks to get used to it.
After this time, you can enjoy your new mattress and know if it fulfills its functions. It is essential always to use the trial period that mattress brands give, as it is the only way to see a product is right for you.
Some Things You Should Know Before Trying A Mattress
It is essential to understand that each person reacts differently to the degree of firmness of a bed. You may feel a mattress is too soft while your partner feels firm, so it is essential to test a mattress correctly.
Also, a new mattress may feel firmer than it is. In our opinion, a bed achieves optimal comfort after two weeks of use.
It is also essential to consider the apartment temperature where the new mattress will be lost. Depending on the materials that make it up, a bed will act differently depending on the environment. For example, memory foam mattresses respond to temperature.
That is, they automatically regulate their temperature. If it is too cold, the mattress may appear firmer; on the contrary, in summer, if the room’s temperature is too high, the bed’s memory foam will appear more flexible.
We recommend testing your new mattress at a room temperature of between 20 and 22 degrees.
Our Selection of the Best Mattresses
This ranking is base on the tests carried out by our independent evaluators. Each of the following mattresses is of high quality, featuring the latest innovations, and manufactured by reputable companies.
1. Lie on your back and feel if your muscles relax:
With this, you can check the overall quality of the mattress.
2. Check that the mattress is not too soft:
Some mattresses are too soft where you can sink even to touch the base of your bed or box spring. Slipping too much while you sleep can lead to back pain later in life.
- If the mattress is too soft, choose a firmer mattress.
You should also check that the innerspring is not too firm: do you easily slide your hand into the gap created between your lumbar region and the bed?
- Yes (the hand slides easily into the lumbar cavity): this means that the innerspring is too hard, choose a slightly softer innerspring.
- No (the hand does not slide easily into the lumbar cavity): you have the right innerspring or at least one close to what you need.
3. Do you share a bed with someone ?:
Check the comfort of the innerspring when you sleep as a couple. The most important points to check are:
- The innerspring support: more pressure will be exerted on the innerspring, so you should buy a innerspring that offers good support.
- The size of the innerspring: the size of a innerspring depends typically on the box spring or the base of the bed. However, for optimal comfort, we recommend purchasing at least one queen size bed.
- Temperature regulation: when you sleep as a couple, more heat is generate, so you need a innerspring that quickly regulates the temperature.
- The Motion Transfer: If you can feel all of your partner’s movements at night, you’d better switch innerspring and get one with less motion transfer.
4. Roll to the side and press your elbow against the mattress:
does it sink like butter, or do you feel a slight resistance?
- Yes (the elbow sags easily): the innerspring is too soft for you
- No (the elbow does not sink quickly): this could be the right innerspring
5. Lie on your cross and close your eyes :
do your muscles relax? Are the support points in the pelvis and shoulders comfortable?
- If you don’t feel your muscles relax, the innerspring is too complex and has cozy enough padding. Find a slightly softer innerspring.
Also Read : Top Five Types of Hourglasses
Earn Without Having to Work – Get These 3 Money-Making Apps Now!
Today, the world is sinking, and everybody knows that. From skyrocketing commodity prices to the inflationary impacts witnessed in everyday…