Top 4 Most Common Outlook Error Messages and Their Fixes Errors pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d [pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d]
Microsoft Outlook is a most popular email client application used worldwide for sending and receiving email messages. pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d Apart from being an email app, it has various features such as meetings, appointments, tasks, note-taking, and more. However, it is certain that problems with Microsoft Outlook are caused by software malfunctions as well as bugs in the application.
Table of Contents
Common Outlook Error – [pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d]
Different error messages can appear whenever there is some kind of problem with Microsoft Outlook. These are the 4 most common Outlook error messages.
1. Cannot open your default email folders
Errors in msncon.dll indicate a problem with the Outlook Hotmail Connector plugin. Therefore, this error message is associated with the Outlook Hotmail connector. A free tool provided by Microsoft to access and manage MSN, Live and Hotmail accounts using Microsoft Outlook. There are two specific scenarios that can cause this error.
Outlook Connector is no longer installed
It seems that the Outlook Hotmail Connector is no longer installed on your system, but you still have an MSN/Hotmail account set up with Microsoft Outlook. Here are two options.
- Reinstall Outlook Hotmail Connector.
- Or, if you no longer want to use it, remove your MSN/Hotmail account from your mail profile.
- However, if the latest version of Outlook Connector is already installed on your system and you are still seeing this error message, follow these simple steps:
- Manually enable the plugin first.
- Now reinstall Outlook Hotmail Connector on your system. Then remove the MSN/Hotmail account from the Outlook client.
- Restart Microsoft Outlook and re-add your MSN/Hotmail account using the Outlook Hotmail Connector menu.
- Repair your Office installation once your account has been successfully created.
- Re-create the mail profile when complete.
2. The connection to Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable – pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d
Being one of the most common Outlook error mails, you may encounter this specific error more than often. The most probable reasons responsible for this error are:
No Data Connection
Perhaps there’s no data connection available at the actual moment. So you should start by using the Telnet protocol to test your SMTP connection. If you don’t how to do that, you should take help of this guide published on the Microsoft TechNet site: Test SMTP with Telnet.
Outlook Data Files are Locked – pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d
It may happen that the Outlook data files, i.e. PST and OST files, are accidentally locked, and you have no idea about that. Or maybe the Outlook data files are set to the read-only status. You should better check the permissions of these files, and make sure neither is set to the read-only status.
Interference of 3rd Party Applications
There is many 3rd party applications which can interfere with Outlook while it’s being linked to the Exchange Server. If this is the real cause, you should better start Outlook in safe mode.
3. Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server
There are various reasons responsible for this Microsoft Outlook error, such as
- A certification authority is required to connect to the server.
- Maybe you forgot to trust the certification authority at the root.
- The certificate seems to be invalid or canceled.
- The site’s name ain’t matching with the certificate.
- Maybe a 3rd party add-in or browser is causing this error.
In order to resolve this Outlook error, there are multiple things you can try:
Examine the certificate – pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d
First, you need to examine the certificate, and then contact your system administrator to resolve this issue. Follow these simple steps:
- First, connect to the RPC Server or to the secure server in Microsoft Internet Explorer. Type https://www.server_name.com/rpc in the address bar, and hit Enter.
- Now double-click the padlock icon located in the lower-right corner of the web browser.
- Click the Details tab, and check the information of these two fields:
- Valid to
This field indicates the date until which the certificate is valid.
Make sure this field should match the site name.
Install the trusted root certificate
Moreover, you need to follow these steps to install the trusted root certificate:
- On the Certificate dialog box, click Install Certificate > Next.
- Now check the Place all certificate in the following store box. Then click Browse.
- Click Trusted Root Certification Authorities, and then click OK.
- Now click Next > Finish > OK.
Disable the 3rd party add-ins – pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d
Before you can actually disable any 3rd party add-in, you should start Outlook in safe mode.
- Simply press Win + R to go to the Run command prompt.
- Type Outlook.exe/safe in the edit box, and hit Enter.
In addition, if Outlook starts in safe mode without any problem, this means the real problem is associated with the 3rd party add-ins. Here you need to check for the 3rd party COM add-ins and disable them.
- First, launch Microsoft Outlook. On the taskbar, click the File tab > Options > Add-ins.
- Click COM Add-ins in the Manage box, and then click Go.
- Clear the checkboxes shown next to the 3rd party add-ins which you want to disable.
- Now restart Microsoft Outlook.
Important note: Remember, Outlook uses the Internet Explorer settings for HTTPS requests. If a 3rd party browser add-in is causing this issue, you should try to disable it in the Internet Explorer.
4. Outlook Send Receive Error 0x800ccc13 – pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d
The most common Outlook error which can occur in any edition of Microsoft Outlook whether it’s 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc. Generally, this error message occurs after upgrading Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10. Those users who’ve recently upgraded to Windows 10 are more likely to come across this common Outlook error.
In order to resolve the Outlook error 0x800CCC13, make sure
- You’re using Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro 1511 (Build 10586) or any higher version.
- And for Windows home, you should have version 10 (10240) or any higher.
But if you’re still receiving this Outlook Send Receive error, maybe the system files are corrupted and you need to repair them. You can use the Windows System File Checker to repair corrupted files.
- First, close Microsoft Outlook.
- Now right-click the Start in Windows and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Note: If you don’t see the option, you can choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Type sfc /scannow in the command prompt. This process may take around 20 minutes to scan a regular hard disk. Please wait until the process completes. Once the process is successfully completed, restart your computer and open Microsoft Outlook.
Cannot start Microsoft Outlook – pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d
However, there are many reasons associated with this common Outlook error. Maybe the file that maintains the Navigation Pane settings, called profilename.xml, is corrupted. And that’s why you’re receiving this error message. You can find this file in the following folder:
If the above trick doesn’t fix the problem, you should follow the workaround given below:
- Make sure that Microsoft Outlook ain’t running in compatibility mode.
- Remember that Microsoft Outlook may not start if you’re using an old profile of any older Outlook version. Make sure you’ve created a new Outlook profile and using it.
- Installing and reinstalling Microsoft Outlook more than often can also cause this error if done improperly.
- And most importantly, if you have a corrupted Outlook data file, you’re likely to receive this error. You can use the scanpst utility to repair PST file.
If we don’t fix the Outlook errors in time, we’re likely to face severe problems sooner or later. In this article, we’ve discussed the top 4 most common Outlook error messages. Also, we’ve learned how to troubleshoot those errors in the most effective way possible.
[pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d] pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698 [pii_email_0edd51a535971ef97a4d] [pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698] [pii_email_0457f5ba9a3891c33d33] [pii_email_095d3a2544ba6e099ffc] [pii_email_2a40e798295798939027] pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698 [pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d] [pii_email_3d6c1a913893402fed39] [pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698] [pii_email_4a2782b5dd4f8496da59] [pii_email_6b4b7131d3faacf7e52c] [pii_email_6ecf260aa000b223c91b] pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d [pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698] [pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d] pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698 pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698 So, pii_email_c167d5611438377b6746 [pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d] [pii_email_59c6aa05f7f7fc66bc0d] pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d [pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698] pii_email_c167d5611438377b6746 [pii_email_623b1640f5f21026ae5d] [pii_email_720df72596ba7c1497cd] pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698 [pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d] pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d [pii_email_745fc088aae5c78097c0] pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d [pii_email_1467c8525667bc95fe92] [pii_email_50122b6ba3d15f40d349] [pii_email_44553598f096d29b6a46] [pii_email_b6e2aea8965c6ab3c7c8] [pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d] pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698 [pii_email_c69dced647e0ad2e23da] [pii_email_c167d5611438377b6746] pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698 [pii_email_8a4c15798f59acbd4698] pii_email_c167d5611438377b6746 pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d [pii_email_873b4a4390cfb94bc11d]